Creating a RAC Cluster on Virtualbox
Submitted by dmann on Sun, 03/12/2017 - 12:07
Create new Virtualbox VM
- Adaptor 1 - Nat, ipv4 DHCP, ipv6 disabled, Connected checkbox
- Set Optical drive to Linux 6.7 ISO
- Create 30gb IDE drive, sparsely populated
Start VM for Initial InstallThe ISO image will be used for boot up and installation will begin.
- Skip Media check
- Select language, click next.
- Select keyboard, click next.
- Select Basic Storage Devices, click next.
- At HD contents check select "Yes, Discard any data"
- Set hostname = 12cr2-rac1
- Select Configure Network and set eth0 to Connect Automatically. Apply changes. Network will restart.
- Select timezone, hit 'Next'
- Enter root password = oracle1234 , select "Use Anyway"
- For Installation type, Select "Use all Space" and hit next
- parttions will be created, select "Write to disk"
- Desktop Platform
- General Purpose Desktop
- Graphical Administration Tools
- X Windows System
- TODO : Select Firefox
First run of OS
- At welcome screen hit "Forward"
- Accept license agreement, hit "Forward"
- For ULN select "I prefer to register at a later time". Confirm "No thanks, i'll connect later"
- At Finish Updates Setup screen select "Forward"
- At Create User screen enter admin/admin/oracle1234/oracle1234
- Accept password warning by clicking "Yes"
- Confirm Date/Time setting and click "Forward"
- Accept KDUMP defaults and click "Finish". Select Yes for reboot confirmation.