Span 2 monitors with Remote Desktop Connection
Allrighty, this is awesome. One of my main reasons I like to work in the office instead of at home is how my environment is set up. Things are kind of slow over the VPN so its easiest to just use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) to connect to my work PC. But the big issue was the display. I like having a lot of screen realestate. I've got 2 21" monitors at work, and I've got the same setup at home.
Well with the latest version of mstsc.exe you can create a huge desktop session that spans both monitors!
1) Use Windows Update to upgrade to the latest version of Remote Desktop Connection
2) Change your shortcut 'target' to add the "/span" option
3) Start up Remote Desktop Connection
4) Specify the machine you want to connect to a 'Full Screen'
5) Voila, you should have a RDC connection open that spans both of the monitors on the client machine you are using.